Thursday, January 19, 2012

Poppy Flower

Our family went on a hike this weekend, and as we were hiking I noticed a bright orange poppy that stood out against the brown dead grass.


At first I couldn't figure out why, but this poppy flower really stood out to me, in more ways than one.  I noticed it way more than I would have normally.


I remembered a verse from the King James Version of the Bible: "Ye shall be a peculiar treasure to me above all people." (Exodus 19:5b)


As a Christian, I try to be a witness for Jesus.  Maybe it's through my actions, or through simply telling someone about God.  But when you work for Christ, you can stand out in a crowd.  That's what this poppy reminded me of; in the midst of all that dead grass, there was a bright flower!  And that's what I want to look like.  I want to be that poppy flower.

Happy Homeschooling!




1 comment: