Oh man, what I am doing up at 7:40 am I have no idea.
No, wait...I do...
It's because I forgot to turn off my alarm last night when I was up at 1am. And 2am. And 3. How does that slip my mind, really?!
Probably because I woke up around 1 because my ear was plugged and something, surely, had gotten into my ear and was slowly ripping the insides apart. And even though I'm totally old enough to just go back to bed for goodness sake, there was a good chance in my opinion that that hideous tiny monster was ripping my eardrum apart. So I went and got my mom.
Nah, don't worry--I wasn't afraid of tiny monsters in my ear. I was afraid of an ear infection. My dad had one last year, and it was the most pain we've ever seen him in (and that's saying something). Unfortunately, at one in the morning, I had forgotten that he hadn't had a normal ear infection. No...a weird little organism had worked its way into his ear since he had been in the water.
That brings me back to my little monster again. Huh. But this was no monster, of course. So after literally an hour and 45 minutes of no change even after putting heat on it for that long, Mom looked at the doctor's website and said that it would go away on it's own, and then I had to take an extra-strength Tylenol and finally fell asleep around 3.
Certainly it makes sense that I'm tired. Today it's much better, only a little plugged. Plugged I can handle. My pain tolerance level=zero. Of course, tired I will be because if it was up to me I would be asleep right now but we have a busy, busy day (school, running errands, going to Latin, stopping by a friend's house tonight). Gotta get up and moving!
Ooh...up and moving. Which is not what I'm doing right now by schmoozing in my pajamas writing a really long blog post on the computer after checking my email and reading blogs...
So that is my epic adventure of the very early morning ear monster that ripped apart my eardrum but really wasn't there at all.
Happy Homeschooling!
No comments:
Post a Comment