Oh...STAR testing. Luckily it's finally over! My friend and I were talking about how at our old school, we did SATs and at least Stanford Achievement Tests sounds more distinguished and educational and more like we're going to college someday. STAR sounds a bit like "No matter what, you're a STAR!" Oh my word, really?
Anyways, 7th graders have an English and a Math STAR. In 8th you have to take Science and History too, but when you're in 7th you only have two! English was fine, finished early, it was easy, all that jazz. Then I found out that I was not taking the Seventh Grade Math test.
I was taking Algebra I.
Now, I've been taking an algebra course but I'm far from over with it (and there's only a month or so left of school!). That's why Algebra is on our master agreement for next year too. But Mom thought I was taking Math 7, so the day before the test we found out that they had put me down for Algebra I!! Oh joy.
I managed to get all the bubbles filled in two and a half hours though, so it was OK. And now it's over.
And so is my rant about STARs.
Happy Homeschooling! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment